Since its launching as a project in May 2013, Kiro’o Games has constituted an important network of mentors and partners abroad who have all worked to make this studio what it is today.
Partners and mentors
The image below represents our mosaic of partners
Discover the first video game studio of Central Africa
- Creating games inspired by Africa with an inspiring narration
- Creating games with great gameplay potential for gamers !
2002-2005 : First amateur studio and first versions of AURION the game
- Amateur studio MCS (Madibao Corporation Studio) opened at University by Madiba Olivier.
- 2 versions of AURION the game made in demo Fan Game form
- The second version left a mark on the amateur RPG Making scene with a leading edge gameplay which in terms of dynamic ideas outclassed even the professional games of similar nature (turn based RPG with QTY tactics).
2007-2010 : in-depth training in Gamedesign and the creation of MADIA
- Writing the main scenario and gameplay of AURION the game according to Gamedesign standard .
- Beginning sector surveillance and creating various amateur works (mini cartoon, etc) to master all the aspects of gamedesign in a practical way.
- Opening MADIA and obtaining practical experience in project managing
2011-2012 : creating a model for AURION 1.0 and creating Kiro’o
- Creating a game model of AURION 1.0
- First fans show keen interest
- Birth of the Kiro’o concept and writing the project for professional purposes.
April 2013-May 2013 : Mentoring and launching conferences in Cameroon
Obtaining mentoring from the Ministry of Arts and Culture
Two effective launching conferences held: one in the Yaounde Hilton Hotel on 10 May 2013 , and the other in Douala at GICAM on 17 May 2013. These conferences bore the following fruit :
- Over 180 invitees (members of government, journalists, cultural personalities, etc)
- Continuous national and international media coverage around the project
- Reinforcing partnerships connected to the project
- Building a primary circle of potential local investors .
May 2013-September2013 : Pre studio and media hype
- 80% of required human resource pre recruited
- Intense communication and very positive feedback from international players on the Kiro’o concept
- Developed prototype images
- 11 reports in the written press including a full page in LE MONDE Eco & Entreprise
- 31 general and specialized web articles on video games talking about us
- 24 in French
- 6 in English
- 1 in Polish
- Setting up a personal procedure to raise funds by private equity and international prospection
- Project selected by the Venture Capital for Africa (VC4AFRICA) programme as the one leading the lines in September 2013
Creating the first professional images of AURION 1.0
October 2013-November 2013 : setting up the studio
- 24 investors around the world : Cameroon, France, Canada, Italy, USA, etc.
- Over 30% of required funds raised
- Studio equipped and functional for the effective launching of works on AURION 1.0
December 2013 : Launching the studio for AURION 1.0
Today the studio is focused on its first professional international game : Aurion: The Legacy of Kori-Odan. The goal is to be able to satisfy the public in order to complete the Aurion saga and impose Kiro’o Tales as a new genre.
Beyond the ambitions of a game studio, Kiro’o Games also wants to be an indispensable actor of the industry on the continent and why not create entertainment for the future (after the video game ?)